Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7.6.3.1 Internal Laboratory
Hello!

I'm struggling with finding a way to conform to the subject clause, especially that of a 'defined scope' for our internal laboratory facility in regards to calibration. Any specific examples that I could follow?

Thanks!
(04-14-2016, 03:18 PM)Hampton Wrote: Hello!

I'm struggling with finding a way to conform to the subject clause, especially that of a 'defined scope' for our internal laboratory facility in regards to calibration. Any specific examples that I could follow?

Thanks!

Hi, the scope of a lab typically includes a matrix of items that are measured. For each row, the quantity measured, the method, the procedure, the range, and the uncertainty are stated. For example, one row might be fluid pressure (psi), Widgetmeter, SOP-123, range 100psi to 500 psi, with an uncertainty of 2psi. This type of thing comes from ISO 17025, and from the application forms provided by Accrediting Bodies. The more rows you have, the greater is the scope of your calibration lab.
(04-14-2016, 05:56 PM)Brock Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 03:18 PM)Hampton Wrote: Hello!

Thanks!

Hi, the scope of a lab typically includes a matrix of items that are measured.  For each row, the quantity measured, the method, the procedure, the range, and the uncertainty are stated.  For example, one row might be fluid pressure (psi), Widgetmeter, SOP-123, range 100psi to 500 psi, with an uncertainty of 2psi.  This type of thing comes from ISO 17025, and from the application forms provided by Accrediting Bodies.  The more rows you have, the greater is the scope of your calibration lab.
Thanks Brock. Excellent information!