Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stress-reducing, burnout prevention, emotionally protective
The ISO9000:2015 has the following clause.

Calm down, its a NOTE so it's optional.  I understand the Europeans tried to get this in as a full blown clause.  But the precedent has been set look for it as a requirement in the NEXT revision.  

But what do you think?  Should the QMS be addressing non-discriminatory, calm and non-confrontational workplaces.
How would we measure that? 

Hmmm I don't know Ralph you're about 76% burnt out, you're up 5% in burn out since last month.  We better get you to the company counselor.  

What do you bet an auditor goes there?  After all it's guidance, right?  This clause has more words in the NOTES than the actual clause.  

7.1.4 Environment for the operation of processes
The organization shall determine, provide and maintain the environment necessary for the operation of its processes and to achieve conformity of products and services.
NOTE A suitable environment can be a combination of human and physical factors, such as:
a) social (e.g. non-discriminatory, calm, non-confrontational);
b) psychological (e.g. stress-reducing, burnout prevention, emotionally protective);
c) physical (e.g. temperature, heat, humidity, light, airflow, hygiene, noise).
These factors can differ substantially depending on the products and services provided.
NOTE Consideration of human factors is the understanding of the interactions between people, machines, and each other and their impact on human performance (e.g., physical fitness, physiological characteristics, personality, stress, fatigue, distraction, communication and attitude).
Sad to say, I don't know any place I have ever worked where everyone gets along splendidly, so 1. A) Social, and B) Psychological would be out, most places have some degree of physical range as well, noise, smells, and heat or cold being common ones. While no direct objective measurements of A or B could be made, C is commonly measured either by OSHA guidelines or some others.
You CAN measure the EFFECTS of A and B through a employee retention graph (I have done this before), assuming exit surveys are kept.